Thursday, August 28, 2008

Delaware

Our trip to Delaware is over. Fun was had, Caitlyn got married, all in all it was a success. The first week there was spent preparing for the wedding so that we could enjoy ourselves at the beach. I wasn't much help, however, since Samantha came down with Roseola (we think). So I had a very lethargic baby laying on my chest all day long for a few days. And then when the fever broke, she still wouldn't go to her aunts and uncles (or grandparents) if I was within her sight.

Anyway, we went to the beach! I was very much looking forward to relaxing on the beach but quickly found out you can't really do that with an infant that is both sick and has separation anxiety. But we did enjoy ourselves.

Sleepy baby at the beach

Sandy Sammi

Finally happy!
Mohawk

When Sammi woke up and cheered up, she really liked the waves. She kept wanting to get closer to the shoreline (and then would get hit by a wave). Here's her acting super excited to be near the water.

1 comment:

Summer said...

I really hate it when babies get sick on vacation. They seem to store it up for when you are not at home. The D.C. trip looked fun. Are there any pictures of the wedding? Sammi looks so big. How is the house decorating going?