Thursday, August 28, 2008

Washington DC

The day before Caitlyn's wedding, Stephen and I went down to DC by ourselves to do a little touring. Samantha was left in Delaware and since she didn't see me leave, and was pretty much recovered from her illness, she was a happy girl and would play with everyone. Although, they told me later that there was a hierarchy.

Stephen and I had a nice time having a day to ourselves. We took the train down instead of driving, and then we used the Metro to get around. Granted, we still walked a ton and between walking all day Thursday and then being in heals on Friday and Saturday my legs were dead. (And I'm going to break my own photo limit rule... sorry)

Waiting in line to go up the Washington Monument

North view out of the Washington Monument.
(in the foreground is the White House, the little white blob in the back is the DC Temple)
Stephen trying to be trixie
WWII Monument
Hooray for the 1st State!
(Yes, my elbow hyper-extends)Lincoln Monument

Gettysburg Address

The White House
(which is lame to just walk by... next time I'm going for a tour)

Arlington Cemetery

At Arlington we also went and saw the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. It was neat. It's amazing how exact they are even though they aren't looking at each other.

We also went to the International Spy Museum in the afternoon. It was cool! We did their little "Operation Spy" where you pretend to be a spy. I was shocked by all the little gadgets that actually exist. Most of the stuff there was from the Nazi's and the KGB. (Brittney, I bet you'd love it)

For dinner we had sushi, which I hadn't had since before I was pregnant. It was so yummy!

2 comments:

Shauna and Doug's Gang said...

I'm glad you broke your photo count rule! It's too amazing of a place and deserves recording. What an awesome trip! McKay want's to do the spy-museum place -- is it permanent or a traveling site?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.