Sunday, May 3, 2009

Moorehead, MN

Yesterday Stephen and I went up to Moorehead, MN with some others for our ward to help in the effort of de-sandbagging the houses up there as the Red River recedes. I can't even imagine having to do that to your house to protect it from being completely destroyed. One house we were at lost everything that was in his basement (he got 6' of water there) but saved the main level. Some people didn't have enough time to do sandbags so they dug huge holes in their yards to make dirt walls around their houses.

We moved thousands of sandbags from the surrounding of houses to the curb where the city will pick them up and dump the sand (to use on the roads next winter), the bags will be shredded and eventually decompose.

One house's sandbags on the curb


Charisse & Stephen after

Plymouth Ward
We're in the Mormon Helping Hands T-shirts.

1 comment:

Summer said...

What a cool experience! I am a little jealous for that service you guys got to do. I am excited to see you in two days. Yea for BYU graduations.