Thursday, February 11, 2010

Full term

The baby is considered full term now, and I am beginning to feel it.  As Samantha was kicked out a full 14 days after her due date, I’m not expecting anything soon but it’s good to know that the baby has hit that point.  Of course, this is also probably the WORST time in pregnancy as well.  Small bladder, sleep insomnia, swelling, and all together discomfort along with just feeling like you are the size of an elephant.  Fortunately, this is my second pregnancy and I learned from my first.  Stay busy.  It’s the only thing that can help when you are about to go mad from all the pregnancy symptoms.  (And from people asking you when you’re due). 

My staying busy routine includes painting, sewing, getting to the gym, taking care of Sammi, and doing my church calling. 

In church as a member of the Primary Presidency I am in charge of Sharing Time the entire month of February (Those that don’t know what Sharing Time is: it’s teaching around 50 kids from the age of 3-8 and then ages 8-11 for 20 minutes a piece on Sunday).  My last sharing time is February 28th, and I’m due March 2nd.  I also oversee Cub Scouts and have training on February 27th, as well as a Blue & Gold Banquet on the 25th.

I’m making good strides on my projects.  We finished putting the shelving in Samantha’s closet last Saturday and so she is all moved into her new bedroom.  She loves being able to reach all her clothing in the closet.  I’m still trying to decide if that was a wise decision.  I still need to paint the dresser but it’s not needed right now, so it has a lower priority.  The shade and pillows are also lower in priority. 

Samantha’s old bedroom has become the playroom/sewing room now and I have made great use of it the past couple days working on recovering an infant car seat.  Actually, I should finish it up in the next few days which is really exciting (and necessary since you need a car seat to be able to leave the hospital).  I’ve been really happy with my sewing machine as well and am making great use of the user’s manual so I can learn how to use everything correctly.  (The needle threader is great!)

Samantha has been relatively good the past little while, which I’ve desperately needed.  It’s getting harder to hoist all of her 30 lbs around when she decides to not do something.  Bedtime is slowly getting better, and she’ll play longer without having me “do it”.  She was (trying to be) super helpful in all the projects too.  She gave Stephen all of the screws he needed when putting up shelving, and would even give him the level when asked.  While I’ve been working on the car seat she would hand me a pin when I needed one (or when I didn’t…) always telling me the color of the ball on top.  (“You need a yellow one?   Here you go… here’s another yellow”). 

She’s taken a great interest in everything we’re doing.  The question “What you doing?” is a common one that often comes multiple times even if you respond.  In the morning Samantha’s taken to announcing that daddy has gone to work again, or that he’s going on an airplane (he went out of town last week).  A couple other great Samantha phrases are “That’s so funny!” (said after really random events but generally she’s giggling), “[such and such] is awesome!” (I noticed this as I was making the car seat and Samantha kept announcing that “baby car seat awesome!”) , and then she always puts adjectives after the object.  We don’t have a green balloon, we have a “balloon green” and a “spoon blue”.  And her friend Jade’s mom is referred to as “mommy Jadey”

Samantha is especially interested in the baby right now.  She continues to tell me that the baby should “come out” now.  She loves to listen to the baby when we go to the midwife’s office and often talks about it the rest of the day. “I listen to baby! It fun!”  As soon as the midwife walks in the room carrying the Doppler Sammi points to it and says “there it is!” and tries to take it.  They let her put it on my stomach and usually she finds the heartbeat in the first try.  The other day she actually said “baby come out?  You need to go potty Mommy, baby come out?”  I don’t know where she got the idea, I was quite flabbergasted.

Suffice it to say that we’re all looking forward to meeting the new addition to our family soon.

1 comment:

Shauna and Doug's Gang said...

Yay Charisse! I'm so glad you're staying busy...